LVHN Cuts Ribbon to Open Lehigh Valley Hospital–Carbon
Lehighton, Pa. (June 6, 2022) – Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) today cut the ribbon to welcome Lehigh Valley Hospital (LVH)–Carbon as its newest facility. The 100,587-square-foot campus on Blakeslee Drive in Lehighton is home to a full-service community hospital with access to exceptional emergency care, a 16-bed emergency room (ER), and a health center providing specialty services. “At LVHN we firmly believe ‘your health deserves a partner,’” says Brian A. Nester, DO, MBA, LVHN President and Chief Operating Officer (CEO). “A health partner is here for you in times of illness or crisis. We’re also here for you to help you get well and stay well. In many aspects of life, choosing a great partner can make it so much better.” “We listened to the community,” says Terrence J. Purcell, MBA, President, LVHN Northwest Region. “Our response is what you see here, today – a beautiful new hospital and health center, and the opportunity for even more programs and services to come.” Services provided at LVH–Carbon include:
· 24/7, year-round physician-staffed ER. Many of the attending doctors will be from LVH–Cedar Crest’s Level 1 Trauma Center. A helipad is available for times when a higher level of care is needed.
· All 20 ultra-modern inpatient rooms are welcoming and private, allowing patients to focus on healing. Telehealth technology in each room provides virtual care, if needed, with LVHN specialists.
range of diagnostic services to get a better picture of your heart health.
· Advanced imaging department providing MRI, CT, ultrasound and X-ray.
· Rehabilitation services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and other rehab specialties, will be available for adult patients.
Expanded services and access to more clinical experience. You will receive compassionate, multidisciplinary cancer care at LVH–Carbon, part of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance . LVH–Carbon also will have an infusion center, so you don’t have to travel to receive treatments, as well as genetic counseling to help you make informed decisions about your health.
· The Health Center at LVH–Carbon will house Lehigh Valley Physician Group (LVPG) obstetrics and gynecology, ENT, GI, urology, orthopedics, spine, and general surgery, including specialty neurology and pulmonology services.
The well-being of patients and visitors is always on the forefront. That is why LVH–Carbon campus was designed to be easily navigated, and the most advanced safety measures are put into place. Additional amenities include convenient parking options, smart car-charging stations, relaxing waiting and family consultation rooms, and dedicated staff to provide guidance and assistance. LVH–Carbon President Christine Biege says, “Great health care involves more than brick and mortar, the latest technology, or access to services and specialists. Great health care starts with people. Friend caring for friend. Neighbor caring for neighbor. Our pledge is that you will find exceptional health care here at LVH–Carbon.”